Just another Reality-based bubble in the foam of the multiverse.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Evil Powers of Judges Run Amok

Where is Tom DeLay to save us?

"Judicial independence does not equal judicial supremacy," Mr. DeLay said in a videotaped speech delivered to a conservative conference in Washington entitled "Confronting the Judicial War on Faith."

Mr. DeLay faulted courts for what he said was their invention of rights to abortion and prohibitions on school prayer, saying courts had ignored the intent of Congress and improperly cited international standards and precedents. "These are not examples of a mature society," he said, "but of a judiciary run amok."


I know I'm a couple of days late on this, but my right not to have my kids forced to pray the way Tom DeLay wants is an "invention of rights".

What a great invention, I say. Rank it up there with the Constitutional Bill of Rights. Which were, as I recall invented by people, along with the rest of Civilization.

3 comments:

Swan said...

You got tagged, tough-guy.

kelley b. said...

What, me tough?

Not me, I'm a kitten.

Well... more of a loveable weasel, really.

Swan said...

Loveable Varmints of the World, Unite!