Just another Reality-based bubble in the foam of the multiverse.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

First Argue Validly

Skeptico deconstructs Kennedy's expose of the use of thimersol in vaccines I covered here.

He has some good points: sins of omission by Kennedy concerning the fact the CDC did eventually release the data.

Skeptico comes down on the there's no good proof side of the argument.

Sorry, although that's right. But then I'm less impressed with the impartiality of science and scientists, having worked in science for the last 25 years of my life. That's also a bias.

Still, I have a healthy respect for the toxicity of organmercurials. They're also impossible (or difficult) to elimnate from the body and tend to accumulate. They're also extremely dangerous in the young.

So there's no solid data on the danger of this traditional antiseptic as it is currently used.

So what?

It's toxic as hell, and unneccessary. Why use it?

4 comments:

spocko said...

It's toxic as hell, and unneccessary. Why use it?

Bingo!

LOVE the new look! Is this new popup window for comments something that you like? I've considered it.

spocko said...

Today's overuse of celebrity power

http://waxy.org/random/video/Tom_Cruise_Kills_Oprah.mov

kelley b. said...

Yes, I like it too, thanks for your previous input. It's just a standard blogger template I've tweaked a little. I'd like to separate the title from the text body, but my understanding of html is more or less trial and error when I get the time to play with it.

The pop up window seems to work well enough, also.

spocko said...

This color scheme makes it easier to read what you post.

Looks great. Sorry I can't help with the HTML I'm not too good with those things either. I just try to have lots of white space and break up the blocks of text with images when possible.