Just another Reality-based bubble in the foam of the multiverse.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Choices

¡El Gato Negro! knows a fool when he sees one.

A lot of noise is beginning to be made again about an alternative to the DINOcratic party.

Greens? As long as they're getting piles of money from Wrepublican sources, they might as well be DINOcrats. Or Wrepublicans.

As long as the only vision the Greens have is to return the world to a pre-industrial agrarian state, count me out. That's what the Dominionists want. A post-industrial world that looks like the Middle Ages is just fine for the feudal lord wanna-bes.

Greens think technology is only a tool for the robber barons. Technology is the hope of the human race as much as it has been the bane of the human race. Every one of us in the progressive blogsphere knows without it we might as well be living in a Christianized version of Shiite Iran.

Without modern technology, I would be dead. As would many beautiful people I know. Don't give me that midieval silliness.

Why do you think the Wrepublicans are so anti-science? Why do you think they want to bring down the Hubble, or that they won't run a space program for anything other than a pork barrel project? Why to you think they've eviscerated the mechanism for isolating new viruses and producing effective vaccines for everyone?

Show me a Green who's interested in the econonmy, or education, or fighting the social roots of poverty.

Show me a Green with a clue, show me a Green with a plan, and you have my vote.

Until then I vote Democrat, because I have no choice.

No comments: