Just another Reality-based bubble in the foam of the multiverse.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Stormfront Ron, Dominionist Candidate

Via Southern Beale on a thread of Lambert's. Say it's not so: Stormfront?

Yip yip .

Let me reiterate:

Anybody who thinks you can have an America without federal taxes is an utter fool or a lying bastard.

I know what I know Ron Paul is, and it isn’t an utter fool.

Anyone who honestly believes his multimillion dollar haul this week came from blue collar types, however, probably is being fooled.

Ron Paul is a Dominionist of the Confederate school, bought and paid for.

Evidence? Circumstantial, and weak, but abundant.

Although these days he's not making a lot of noise, apparently he is recruiting among Christian fundamentalists. Even as I look that site has been scrubbed; the cached version is here, and as you can see, somewhat different.

I decided to look at some of the links on that page the caching process seemed to have broken. Luckily, the site's name was given, though its link didn't work. I found this "statement of faith:"

...I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator.

I have worked tirelessly to defend and restore those rights for all Americans, born and unborn alike. The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideal of liberty. My professional and legislative record demonstrates my strong commitment to this pro-life principle.

In 40 years of medical practice, I never once considered performing an abortion, nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman. In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, H.R. 1094. I am also the prime sponsor of H.R. 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life. This is a practical, direct approach to ending federal court tyranny which threatens our constitutional republic and has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn. I have also authored H.R. 1095, which prevents federal funds to be used for so-called "population control." Many talk about being pro-life. I have taken and will continue to advocate direct action to restore protection for the unborn...


Admittedly, Christianity does not a Dominionist make, but Dominionists do tend to advertise themselves as anti-abortion Christian fundamentalists. It does seem that he's being quiet about this. In fact, his "faith" is something you have to look for unless you're one of the "chosen".

But there are some interesting connections between Gary North and Ron Paul, as well as Morton Blackwell's Leadership Institute, which has invited Paul to speak in the past. It also appears he's on their advisory board.

Is he a stealth Dominionist? I'd say so. Blackwell's trained everyone from Grover Norquist to Karl Rove, and would be unlikely to let anyone who's not advise him about anything.

the farmer has some interesting links, too, and points towards Orcinus' shake down:

...Paul has so far managed to pull off something of a neat trick: Appearing thoughtful and principled, even though his beliefs and principles are largely derived from the extremist far right -- a fact that he's wisely muted in the campaign. You don't hear Ron Paul talking about the New World Order a lot in the press, largely because no one is asking him about it -- but in reality, he hasn't changed his beliefs appreciably since the days he was touring the militia K-ration banquet circuit.


There's lots more there you should read and think about.

No comments: